Author Topic: A Special Gift for the Pack [Geoff/Lou/Ru/Zabela/Bina/Laurell]  (Read 8 times)

Offline rumor

• Official Scribe of CJ : DO
  • New Moon
A Special Gift for the Pack [Geoff/Lou/Ru/Zabela/Bina/Laurell]
« on: November 03, 2018, 01:14:17 AM »
[Setting - The Lupanar 11/02/2018]

PLAYERS
Geoff Cooper - Ulfric (michael)
Sabrina Young - Weak Alpha Wolf (Rumor) (eeeee!)
Zabela/Matthew - Fae Succubus Person (dwk)
Louisianna Cooper - Lupa (AJ)
Laurell Taggart - Munin (AJ)

Synopsis: Zabela gives the pack an amazing gift, bringing the spirits of Elisa and Rand to the Lupanar so they can join the Munin.

Geoff : *he was told to come here; he's here....he was told to call; and while some part of him aches to shed his skin and howl at the moon with all he's got, he's pretty sure that's not the type of call that was meant....and even if it was, he needs his full human wits about him to keep up with Zabela's way of thinking....instead, he lets his shields drop, almost all the way, letting the fullness of his beast surge out in an invisible wave of heat and energy...here, in his place of power, the effect is amplified; surely most of the wolves in the pack would feel it to some extent or another, though there's no urgency or danger in his metaphysical touch; simply an excess of power, a flexing of muscles...or a beacon, however you choose to see it....bathing in his own power in a way that Geoff rarely indulges in, he waits*

Bina : And where was Bina? Where she always was these days. She was in the forest, taking a run and heading towards the Lupanar. Shadow was running off some small distance from her but keeping pace and shadowing her as seemed to be normal these days. She felt that pulse of Ulfric energy and she realized at that moment that Geoff was in the exact place she was heading to. She wondered if he was calling Zabela like Ru had said he needed to. While she probably could have turned around and left Geoff to his own devices dealing with Zabela she decided two things: Firstly, that she wanted to see Zabela since the last time she had seen the woman(?) was when she had been near death. Secondly, Geoff having company when dealing with someone who quite obviously annoys him to death wasnt necessarily a bad thing. So she came running up, taking less care about hiding her sounds as she does so. She doesnt bother to speak but instead sends her beast out in a greeting to her Ulfric just before she breaks the treeline and jogs into the Lupanar. She stops when she is a few feet away from him and grins. "You called, Geoff?" It was a joke, obviously a joke, since she knew damn well it wasnt her that he was calling.

Geoff : *there's no way he expected this to stay under the radar, really, so your approach doesn't surprise him in the slightest....truth be told, he'd be a bit disappointed in you if you DIDN'T drop by to see what was going on....nothing about what he's doing is flashing a big "stay back" signal, so you're probably not the only one coming to investigate.....no doubt Lou was roused from whatever she'd been doing to at least get as far as the forest to make sure nothing was amiss...in this place, at this time, all of his already-supernatural senses are dialed up even more, so he hears, smells your approach before he sees you - not that he even needs to turn his head to address you* Sad to say, you're not that special. *the words could have been taken as an insult but the energy as he returns your greeting makes plain it was meant as a joke* This whole dog and pony show is for Zabela.

Bina : As she approached Shadow would peel off and head back to his pack for a little while. He didn't want to be part of this conversation after the other night. Not that it was a bad thing but he didn't feel the need to be present with the girl who understood him. When you made that joke that she wasn't that special she would scoff and then give a laugh. "That's not true. I distinctly remember you saying that I was special the other day." You could almost see the metaphysical preening of pride, which was just as much a joke as the rest of this conversation has been. To your comment about this being for Zabela she would chuckle. "I havent seen her since I was sick and she helped me. It will be nice to see her." She knew how you felt about Z but she didnt let that color her perception of the woman. Her interactions with Zabela werent the same as yours, however, so that only stood to reason. She would stop at your side and then glance around. "So did you tell Lou about me?" Might as well talk while we waited for Z to show up. And what she was referring to was likely pretty obvious.

Zabela : :: this, was probably one of the biggest trials I put myself through. And I wondered why. Why in the name of Hades was I doing this? And then tear streaked face of Ruskya would flight through my mind, her steadfast love for her wife, and I'd feel my heart wrench and I knew that I was doing the right thing. Even if right now it was all I could do to hold onto everything. In that I laid the blame on Geoffrey's shoulders. Stupid stubborn snarly male. I was going to smack him if the situation arose, clear across his damned forest. Family be damned. Ru would get over it. I'm pretty sure that she imagined smacking him on more than one occasion. I know Elisa did. She's told me so quite often. Especially the last few months. My right eye twitched and a low snarl slipped past my lips. This wasn't going to end well if it didn't end soon. And after all the trouble I went through, the bastard better be appreciative. Or I won't just smack him. I'll kick his balls up into his throat. I had felt the power surging, obviously, but that didn't mean too much lately. And then, whispered, vibrating through the night, the wind and the land, I heard my name. I leaned up from my throne, stood, and between one step and the next, stepped onto the air a few inches above the center of the lupanar:: "Geoffrey. It took you long enough." :: my eyes flicked to Sabrina and I let a small smile slip over my lips:: "Nice to see you well, child" :: before I looked back to Geoffrey, tilting my head slightly and tugged mentally upon the mind of Ru to call her towards the area as well::

Geoff : *his lips press together as Bina reminds him that he did, in fact, call her special....on close inspection it might appear that he's trying to suppress a smile, but you'd have to be looking at him from a certain angle to see it; depending on where Bina stopped she wouldn't....his voice, when he speaks, would carry no sign of it* Fair enough. *her comments about Bina are met with a sort of non-verbal sound, not even formed enough to be considered a snort....that should reinforce what Bina knows of Geoff's opinion of Zabela, though obviously he's here now, isn't he? actions, words, which is louder, etc.....it isn't until Bina asks whether he's told Lou about her secret that Geoff moves, half-turning back to look in her direction....he opens his mouth to speak -- and saved by the Z! as she does her "stepping out of the nothing" trick, his attention whips back to her - she's not an adversary (at least he doesn't consider her such) but she requires all of his attention.....his eyes flick up and down her form, taking in such things as her posture, any tics or tremors, before addressing the woman herself* I've been busy. *he tries to hide it, but there's a touch of defensiveness in his tone....he hasn't been lounging around doing nothing, that is true, but this message did kind of slip off his radar as well, so it's at best a three-quarter truth*

Bina : She didn't see the supressed smile from Geoff when she reminds him that he called her special. When he spoke, however, she would beam at him. She chuckled when he said 'fair enough' before she asked her question. He turned to answer her and she would tilt her head to hear what he had to say. She actually fully expected that he had but it was one of those things that she didnt want to take on faith. When Zabela appeared a few seconds after the mention of her name Bina would turn her gaze towards the woman. Zabela's greeting was met with a bright smile. She would give Z a gentle incline of her head before she spoke. "It's good to see you Zabela. When I am well enough to enjoy doing so." Saying that she was friends with Zabela might be a bit much but after she helped Bina in Colorado she was certainly much more fond of her than she had been before. She fell into silence there, not wanting to distract Geoff from his concentration around Z. Which she was fully aware of considering how many times she had been present at their meetings up until now.

Zabela : "Yes, Yes, Yes, blah blah, bluster, bluster, whine. To get straight to the point, Geoffrey I have two things that belong to you, and I've been carrying them around for a long damned time, and it hurts like a son of a b¡t¢h. I really don't like doing this, and I'm pretty sure my Uncle is going to yank me in on charges sooner rather than later, although I suspect sometimes Hades is just bored." :: posture? Tic? Tremors? Yeah I probably looked a bit worse for wear since you saw me last, like something the cat dragged in. Probably near literally.:: "Child come stand here." :: I pointed to the side of the Lupanar on my right as Ru came up, giving Geoff and Bina a smile and a wave before moving to the spot and looking up at me and speaking "I am ready, Lady". I lifted a brow slightly at the formality but then mentally shrugged. It was probably for the best. I glanced back to Geoff:: "This won't harm anyone, and I will explain, but I also require that you do not interfere. It would be detrimental"

Geoff : *one thing he likes about Zabela (though he's loathe to admit it) is the fact that she rarely bullshits around....the fact that she looks...somewhat less than fresh has him a bit on edge, and the fact that she's being cagey about what exactly she's doing here isn't helping...his eyes narrow slightly and he shifts position, putting himself almost-but-not quite between Z and Bina....when Ru trots out to join them, his mood takes another tick southward* Ready for what? *this to Ru - then, without waiting for a response, he turns back to Zabela* Not sure if anyone told you this before, but I really dislike surprises. *Bina can vouch for that, for sure* So how about we do "tell" before "show", hm? *the words may form a question, but his tone makes it a demand*

Bina : When Zabela says for someone to stand next to her and Geoff puts himself slight between herself and Z Bina would tilt her head. Since there was no one else around she could understand why Geoff put himself where he did although she was pretty sure that she wasnt the one being spoke to. When Ru emerged from the treeline Bina would give her partner in crime a wink and a smile. She wasnt entirely sure what was going on at the moment but this wasnt the time to be asking questions. She would let Geoff deal with that. Whatever Z was saying it didnt sound good. And she didnt look all that good either. She glanced to Geoff as he spoke about disliking surprises. That was definitely true. He didnt even like good surprises. When Geoff makes that not so veiled demand Bina would actually step back and to the side so she wasnt directly in the way of anything, and she wasnt hiding behind him either.

Zabela : "You are male. Of course you hate surprises." :: this was said with such a matter of fact tone as I lowered myself to touch the top of the mound. I winced inwardly and rested my feet flat.:: "You lost two of your own, did you not? Lost to the point where you can no longer communicate with them here? No body to consume and all of that. Although I get why you have to, since you are such limited beings, it really is such a base way to get things done." :: Ru stuck her hands in her back pockets, leaning back slightly around Geoff to wink at Sabrina before looking straight again when I cut my eyes to her with a frown. "My apologies, Lady" and while she looked down in contrition, I snorted, shaking my head:: "I have spent many months searching for them and now that I have them, I need to either bestow their shades upon you, or release them again. IF you chose not to take this gift, you can explain to my niece why she will no longer be able to speak to her parents again. For wolf or not, she'll be able to see these shades and converse with them, even if she cannot with the rest. Don't ask for the particulars because not only would I not tell you, you wouldn't comprehend anyway if I tried"

Geoff : Infernal Stygian Queen: *if you are expecting to get a rise out of him with that "you are male" comment, you're going to be sorely disappointed; he's sparred (in every sense of the word) with the likes of Tallulah Young and Louisianna Cooper, so such comments roll off his back, not even worth a grunt of acknowledgement....what does get a reaction though, is the comment about losing two of his own* You don't need to caption the obvious. *this spoken through gritted teeth...however much time has passed, the loss is still very raw for him - and for the pack as a whole, surely....his eyes flick to Ru for a moment, to see how she is reacting to this line of conversation.....he doesn't even react to the "limited beings" comment.....as Zabela continues to speak, the implications of her words slowly dawn on him....this is best evidenced by the fact that he doesn't say anything at all in response to this....he does an admirable job of schooling his face to not reveal anything of what is going on internally, but his energy abruptly cuts off as his shields slam back up, like prison doors. so as not to give Bina or anyone else a sense of what he's feeling by taking his preternatural temperature....he's silent and still for an uncomfortably long time, borrowing some of Veronika's vampiric stillness without even realizing it.....when he speaks again it might be hard for Ru to hear him, as his words are a mere ghost through lips that barely move* If this is some kind of parlor trick..... *he trails off, the implied threat weighing in the air with an almost physical presence as he tries desperately not to sound too hopeful*

Lou : Lou was oft out in the forest, whether or not others were aware of it, it was her favourtie place to be. Except for the forest where she nearly killed Tallulah and Elisa. That forest she would never step foot in again. Much like she would never drive again. Or sit in a deep dark corner without any light what so ever. Moving on. Lou was in the forest tonight, and upon sensing her husband's strange beacon, her four legged pace took her towards the lupanar. She was silent, predatory, and she intended on taking the lay of the land. She had scented Bina already, and Ru's presence was quick in her scent, and Zabela, well, that was not entirely surprising but it was out of the ordinary. She did not let on to her presence, it was not in order to surprise or have the upper hand on anyone, but stalking the ring around the lupanar in her dark grey form was meant to be an opportunity to assess in a different way. Scents. Feelings. Sounds. Minor conversations about things she should know... Her heavy body lowered to the ground to Geoffrey's four o'clock, and the moment that his shields closed, she sensed his tension, even if he was still, there was a familiarity of the fang faced b¡t¢h that ebbed from him in a way that stirred a territorial growl; but she was far too in control for the sound to touch anyone's ears, although perhaps Zabela sensesed it... The large hulking form rose to four feet and padded silently into the lupanar where she shoved her head along Geoffrey's thigh and up under his hand. She would not allow this moment, especially in their sacred place, to be tainted by Veronika. She leaned into her husband's leg with her shoulder, almost reaching his hip with her back (don't anyone say she was nearly as tall a wolf as she was a woman... but it's true); this was no light tough, she was leaning on him with intent to ground him. Her steely grey eyes moved up to Zabela, then to Ru and over to Bina, a small tilt of her head at her...

Bina : She kept her smile to herself when Ru winked at her then immediately got that look. She listened to what Zabela had to say, blinking when she realized what was happening here. She wasnt entirely sure how the spirits of the fallen wolves had been retrieved but in the end she wasnt sure that she cared. They would be able to be where they should have been in the first place. She wasnt sure how Geoff would take it but she would be pretty surprised if he said no to something like that. Feeling him slamming his shields into place was uncomfortable but it always was when she was used to having his presence around her in the complex. She even gave a slight shudder as it happened. When she heard his words, however, the ghost of a smile twitched on her lips. She didnt think he would say no to something like that. And Bina, for her part, remained wisely silent. It was an emotional moment for her as well, as it would be for any wolf, and after a second she would pull her walls up, not that it would affect anyone here. It was simply good practice. When Lou came padding up in wolf form Bina would glance her way, giving her the typical Bina greeting at least beast wise, before she flashed her a brief smile. This wasnt a moment for her to be speaking and so she wasnt.

Zabela : :: Ru for her part, remained silent now. She knew what was going on, she had all but begged me to do this. Not that she ignored the cost, but she was willing to take the loss of it if she had to. So far, things have been more or less passive in their dealings. I had remained on my best behavior. His words however, coupled with the search, and everything it involved, illicted a rather severe reaction. The cloudless starry night suddenly plunged into darkness, and thunder rumbled and shook the air, and the very earth upon which they stood. But it wasn't everywhere. It was just above us and directly below. Ru hadn't heard what he had said, not all of it, but her head snapped up, and while it probably wasn't needed, a shield snapped up around everyone mere seconds before an enormous limb came crashing to the ground. "Lady. Lady Please. Aunt Zabela!" she cried as I all but growled:: "You dare? You'd think I'd toy with my kith and kin's emotions like this? WHAT?" :: I snapped at Ru as she called out my name. I sighed and released the anger, the sky clearing:: "I apologize. You don't need to see any of that." ::oh look it was something out of the ordinary. But take it as you will. My eyes moved to the b¡t¢h at Geoffrey's side, and I would nod:: "Louisianna." :: Ru lowered the shield and gave Lou a smile:: "Yes or no, Geoffrey. I can't keep listening to them in my head forever. I might be ill"

Geoff : *speaking of Veronika, he's been party to too much of her rage for Zabela's outburst to really impact him, pyrotechnics or no.....his free hand (the one not resting against Lou's fur) would curl up in a fist but he doesn't even seem to react to the sight of the falling tree limb..,maybe he knew that Ru would do something, maybe he (foolishly?) assumed that Z would pull her punch at the last second, maybe he had confidence his own own ability to catch and dodge if it came to it...in any case his gaze sweeps up, then to Ru (to whom he gives a curt nod of appreciation), then back to Z....whether or not she's taller, there's no question that Lou has more mass in wolf form, and there's no chance he'd be able to ignore her when she is insistent....even without the benefit of the metaphysical, the tactile touch of his mate has its intended effect.....he takes a few steps to the side again, clearing the sight lines between Bina and Zabela again....he doesn't even acknowledge that his words might have offended her (it wasn't his intention to do so).....he looks down at Lou, burying his hand into the fur at the scruff of her neck, and speaks without looking up* Of course it's yes. *now he sounds a bit offended, like there was ever going to be another answer....he looks up at her then* Do what you have to. *his eyes flick once more to Ru, who apparently has some part to play in all of this....he doesn't like how it's all going down but he can hardly complain about the end result*

Laurell : There was always a presence of something more in the Lupanar. It was not always Laurell. But it was her tonight. She was off in the distance, and as soon as Geoff had lit his metaphysical beacon, she had come like a moth to the flame. The important presence in the sacred space had kept her silent. She knew that this being would be able to communicate with her, and Laurell was not sure she was allowed to, but even then, it was more than that. She set about her a confusion and discord within the Munin. The weight of emotion she sensed was high, and what she had come to recognise as her own emotion of sadness spread upon her upon Geoffrey's metaphysical shut down. It stilled her presence in the space, even when Lou pushed pack touch onto him... She moved from one side of the Lupanar to the other, opposite from Ru and a little in front of Bina, perhaps even protectively... and upon the angry, magical shouts of the Lady before them, her resolve stiffened and she felt a sudden need to make her presence known... something, there was a wall of pressure behind her urging her to do something... and she hesitated, settling down instead closer to the young wolf watching the exchange. Bina would not see anything. She may feel comfort, or smell a deeper scent of woods and underbrush, but at a sight, there was nothing there...

Lou : The wolf's eyes closed in a slow acknowledgement of the greeting from Z, and her metaphysical presence brushed along Bina in a warm, comforting way... did that mean that she was brushing her with her inner woman? Weird. In any case, Lou was always good at being insistant when she needed to. She knew how to make herself seen and how to ensure that she was not ignored. Her massive head slid along Geoff's denim pant leg and turned up to him when he looked down at her, his hand in her fur, she would meet his gaze as he confirmed his answer to Z, she saw the hope in his eyes that he dared not show anyone else... because what if this demi-god before them could not do what she claimed? What if this was something that he would need to take on faith and hope they came home? Lou's eyes understood that fear, it wasn't something that could be smelled, or touched, it was a deep soulful fear. She'd be here for it, so would the rest of their family.

Bina : When the sky darkened, and thunder rumbled, and the earth shook, Bina would frown a little. While she could see where Geoff might have offended Z with that statement the visceral reaction wasnt something that she expected from the woman. Zabela had always been much more calm in her dealings with the Ulfric who was always a bit grumpy with her. When the branch came crashing down she didnt even flinch. She wasnt aware of the shield around her but, lets face it, she was a wolf. A single branch wasnt going to really hurt her. When Geoff moved, again, she would glance his way with the faintest of smiles. And his answer, when he gave it, did not surprise her in the least bit. She glanced back to Zabela and Ru standing there, curious as to how this feat was going to happen really. Bina spent enough time in the Lupanar to know that she was never really alone here. She was unable to communicate with the Munin but that didnt mean that she was entirely blind to their presence when they decided to make themselves known in some way or another. So no, Bina didnt know that Laurell was in front of her, protecting her in her own way, but Bina would smile at the sense of comfort and the scent of woods that deepened around her because she knew in that moment that she wasn't alone. Moreso than normal.

Zabela : :: the group before me was lucky I was holding onto the shades so tightly, or the ground probably would have literally opened up and swallowed the group down. I would have regretted it later, and fished them out, but it would have happened. And please don't compare her to that child you bound yourself to. That would be really insulting. He's offended. HE is offended. The words that I muttered weren't in English, and were only partially in Romanian. The rest was no known spoken language. Not anymore. I stalked in a circle for a few moments, steadying my breathing. My eyes cut to the shade and I followed it as she moved. I tsked. Geoffrey, Geoffrey. You really should learn to watch your wording. Has that undead child not taught you anything? Had I been well and truly angry, I'd take hearts blood, but I didn't fully need it. If only to see you lose your mind. But I wouldn't do that to Ru. I sighed and held out a hand, pulling the athames from Ru's belt to my hand. I rummaged, if one could say picking one out of three was rummaging, but I did take a few moments to decide.:: "So glad I have your permission" :: was the cutting reply. After a moments hesitation, I shrugged, turned my other hand palm up and another knife appeared. I glanced at Ru, who nodded.:: "Right. As I said. Do not interfere. Do not step onto the mound." :: I pointed the silver and bone athame I called up at the shade (Laurell):: "That goes for you as well. Stay put. I don't need you tangled up within the other two. I don't need to hear him b¡t¢h¡ng at me in my sleep. Please spare me the male drama" :: I took in a breath, and all four of the knives hovered slightly above my arms and hands. One silver and steel, one silver and bone, one stone, and one wood. Ru had dropped her shield and shifted her stance slightly, pulling her hair up into a twist, and putting a pair of chopsticks within to hold it. She started to gather up her magic within, going to a crouch, eyes locked on me. Geoff was going to lose his mind most like but he'd better stay put. Or he WOULD go flying through his forest. Without the benefit of wings.:: "Persephone" :: I barely breathed the name, tensing my muscles slightly, and between one heartbeat and the next, all four knives slashed down upon my arms with a great force. Because lets face it, you weren't getting a cut any other way, even with the silver. Had this happened sooner, it wouldn't need as much force, but defenses are automatic once you get to a certain point, right? Once, twice, thrice, the blades slashed down, and spun around the mound just as Ru exploded into motion, having released the weights around her ankles. Now Geoff, and Lou were faster than she was, but I was helping. Call it cheating if you will. Her heel had just cleared the mound when the knives finished their circling, calling up the ward and shield encasing the two of them atop the mound::

Laurell : Laurell would stay put, she wasn't only staying out of it, she was keeping the other Munin in check, yes, the wee little girl of a wolf was holding back ancient spectres.. there was something to be said about not understanding the powers of the veil and those who cross it, wasn't there?

Geoff : Infernal Stygian Queen: *he hasn't spent as much time as he should have learning to better commune with the Munin, but he recognizes Laurell the moment she manifests within the Lupanar, shields or no shields....her presence does more to help moderate him, between that and Lou's physical touch, it probably is enough to keep him from doing something stupid....he knows that Lou sees through his expression more than anyone, understands why he reacted the way he did....for once he's grateful she can't speak in this form, so as not to give it away....he slowly raises his gaze to Zabela as she starts the working on her spell, and initially there isn't much reaction from him....maybe Z overestimated just how protective he'd be of her? if Zabela wants to slice herself up, Geoff is in absolutely no hurry to stop that.....of course, he sees Ru's preparatory movements out of the corner of his eye, and he realizes an instant too late what's about to happen...he actually starts to move, like a linebacker making a false start at the line of scrimmage, and it takes a wrenching effort to keep himself from trying to leap bodily in Ru's path....honestly? it's more the fact that he's underestimated Ru one too many times and he wants to trust that she knows what she's doing than Zabela's admonition against him.....his fingers clench spasmodically, almost painfully at Lou's fur and he makes a low sound deep in his chest like a car's transmission stripping gears....he half-turns away, first toward Bina, then toward Laurell-that-is, a look of abject helplessness on his face, the expression raw and too powerful for him to fully contain behind his usual stoicism....it's a side of him that Bina probably suspected was there but rarely witnessed so plainly*

Lou : Lou's gaze was locked with her mate's until he broke the trance between them. She did not even glance at Zabela as she spilled her blood on the mound, but she smelled it, her nose flared, and anyone who was paying attention would sense the heightened pulse in the enormous beast beside the Ulfric. It was a pleasure receptor that Lou had a complete handle on. She noticed Ru's actions, she released her ankles, and she watched her with eyes that did not belong in a wolf, even if it was a giant one. A slow rumble echoed in her chest, it rolled and twisted in a symphony with Geoffrey's choking grind. Her muscles tensed in response to her own trepidation.. the munin and magic, two of the forces of which Lou was the most leery of in existance next to vampires... But despite this trepidation, she crossed one heavy front leg over Geoffrey's, effectively blocking him from stepping forward with the crook of her foreleg and chest over his lower thigh; she was more concerned with the potential disaster if he touched the magical field than she as about his emotional response right now.

Bina : She tilted her head as she watched what was going on. She stayed put when the ritual started, not really out of any fear but more than she wasnt sure what any interference on her part might do. At Geoffs reaction she would tense, but when he glanced her way she would give a faint nod. And if his shields werent up she would have felt her beast as well in wanting to help comfort him. Has she seen that sort of despair on his face before? Twice, and only twice. Once when everyone was thinking that Bina might actually die (even if no one was saying it), and once after the most recent loss of wolves that had put him in such a funk. So yes, she knew that he had it in him and she had seen it before but it didnt make it any easier to see now. She would step closer to Geoff and Lou, still not getting in the way but making her presence more known in the situation. The scent of blood was heavy in her nose and while it roused her she was enough in control that she didnt even so much as twitch at it. She remained as she had started this...a witness.

Zabela : :: Gods all bless. Silver hurt. You all have -no- idea the amount of trust right now. I am not as allergic to silver as you lot are, but it burned. But more importantly, it kept the wounds open for a longer period of time. As my blood, that almost had a metallic sheen, hit the earth, I started chanting, reaching a hand out to press my bloody thumb against where Ru's third eye was. I drew a line down her face, carefully avoiding her lips. Yes, lets not get the witch drunk thank you. There was a brief moment when a decision had to be made, and while the chanting hadn't stopped, there was a bit of a growl within the words as I released the wings. It was wings or the full glammour, and you lot didn't deserve that yet. The wing on the right was a dusty grey, edged in white, the left, white edged in dusty grey. The feathers aren't exactly feathers, but even with the lycan vision you might miss that. They were featherlike in appearance but were almost like scales. Both were dusted with gold. Ru's eyes widened slightly at seeing them, but she didn't comment on it. She was too busy chanting anyway. I switched to English for the benefit of those around, although it didn't fully translate properly, I'd try.:: "Elisabetta Ariyana Romanov-Blanche, with speech, I call thee, with blood I call thee, with blood I drive thee. Thrice I call thee, thrice I summon thee, thrice I call thee and done." :: now comes the part that Geoffrey REALLY wasn't going to like. Nor would Lou come to think of it. But being as I had no ties to the man, and the child did, I was going to have to use her. She gave a decisive nod, holding out her arms. I gritted my teeth briefly before the knives moved and lightly scored the witches skin. I didn't need to cut so deep as I did on myself, the amount of blood from each knife was barely more than a scrape from falling and skinning a knee. The blood mingled on the knives and they plunged into the earth as the magic swirled within the warded area. It was a wild magic, a very untamable magic, but I managed:: "Randall Dwight Blanch, with speech, I call thee, with blood, I call thee, with Blood, I drive thee. Thrice I call thee, Thrice, I summon thee, Thrice I call and done. The Lady commands thee, of twilight I bind thee, from Hades I pull thee." :: part of me noticed Lou's actions and I approved. My wings fluttered, and I let out a faint snarl again:: "Cerebus. You bastard." :: the words were barely breathed, might not be heard over the howl of magic but I shifted my stance pulled a chopstick out of Ru's hair and made a slashing motion in the air, sticking my hand into it, and making a yanking motion::

Geoff : *Geoff knows little and less of magic and ceremony, and he never does well in realms where he's out of his depth....he doesn't know what's going on, and if for no other reason than that, he hates this....he hates being on the outside, not knowing whether Zabela is really capable of that which she promised, or whether Ru is strong enough to serve in whatever capacity she's obviously needed for....he feels Lou edge closer to him, using the bulk of her body to keep his traitorous feet from carrying him toward the maelstrom of magic....you step closer, which we'll say puts you within arm's reach of him....almost without thinking, Geoff lashes out at you, getting a fistful of shirt around the collar and yanking you toward him....the movement is sharp, and while he's got enough wherewithal to not use his full lycan strength, you either need to come closer or lose a scrap of shirt....assuming you do come, you'd almost bump into Lou's hindquarters, but he doesn't let go of you, seeming to almost use you as an anchor for himself, to further keep himself from interfering with the proceedings....whether it's a good thing or not, Geoff is too focused on fighting every instinct he has as an Ulfric to stay where he is to really notice what all is going on with Zabela and Ru....he doesn't even fully register the sudden appearance of wings*

Lou : Geoffrey's discomfort was normally a source of many wolf's stress. He had a way of affecting others like that. So when he anchored himself with Bina, Lou approved, but on the other side, she was already bristled by his disgruntled nature, and witnessing the winged powerhouse before her, was disturbing to say the least. As she watched the chants to pull Elisa back to us.. she was uncomforatble... Lou was savvy enough to make the connection that Elisa was Zabela's blood kin... after all, she had tried to have Charlotte killed, there was a keen awareness of the lineage before her... which meant that Rand was not her blood. How does a blood spell work when the spell caster doesn't have their blood? There wasn't that much time between both rituals, but it seemed like the world had slowed, Geoff pushing into her ribs, resisting the urge to move, Bina at her hind quarters, and Ru with knives pointed at her. Instinct brough forth a lashing, whipping [Whip Snarl] from Louisianna, it was hot and seering, and it did absolutely nothing to the circle of power that surrounded Zabela and Ru. She wanted to step forward, she wanted to power through, but she felt a weight on her shoulders, it was otherworldly, and Geoff would know that Laurell had intervened enough for some common sense to take place. Lou felt cornered and paralyzed by the situation unfolding, and utterly betrayed that Ru was making a blood sacrifice... Michel had taken too much from us already... and she snarled again, before a heartbreaking howl of rage deafened the Lupanar

Laurell : Laurell was a witness, as she ever was to the Lupanar. She was also the barrier tonight. The barrier that was being stretched thin while the demi-goddess called upon the God of Hell and his child to re-set to right the imbalance in their pack. She was told to stay out of it, but how could she do that when the floodgates to the dead was open and the likes of Isabel and Roxy and the hundreds of other ancient Munin wanted to storm the gates? She could not, and would not let that happen on this side of the barrier Zabela had made. She followed Bina when she was pulled closer to Geoff, her energy slid along his neck, and along his cheek, just like she did when she was walking around in her caramel form. That was... her energy was on him until Louisianna started lashing out. The mere idea of that barrier letting go mid ritual was enough to make her pray for a quick death for everyone involved... so instead, she blanketed herself on the pony sized wolf, even though Lou did not have the ability to speak to Laurell, she understood metaphysical communication, and Laurell hoped that would be enought tonight.

Bina : When you grab her shirt as she gets in arms reach she would blink but she is smart enough not to fight it when you drag her closer, stumbling a moment before she finds her feet again and winds up next to Lou's hindquarters. She leans into Lou, anchoring herself to the Lupa before one hand lifts to anchor herself to you also, giving you the benefit of touch from yet another pack member. It was hard for her to watch this also, seeing her partner in crime bleeding and unable to stop whatever is happening. The entire thing was definitely uncomfortable and while she didnt understand what was going on, and was smart enough to know that there wasnt any way that she likely ever would, she made no move to do anything other than anchor herself to the two stronger wolves here in the Lupanar, one of which needed her as calm as she could be despite the fact that his discomfort was tangible to her and making her uncomfortable as well. As such she turns her gaze from the ritual that is occuring and focuses on you instead, making sure that she keeps in touch with you. Lou's howl of rage would make her wince ever so slightly but she took a deep breath and continued to focus on you.

Zabela/Matthew : :: immediately following the yanking motion would be a muted THUD..or rather a triple thud, and a trio of yelps. If you have to ask.. I pulled my hand back out and well now we were glowing. Well not -we- just me. It was muted and more yellow than white, but it was there. I gave Lou such a look. Blood Sacrifice. There was hardly any blood to be had. Ru was needed for Rand. I couldn't do anything for him. The combined blood and the summons would work, of course, as difficult as it was starting to be. I gave Ru a nod, and while she isn't an earth witch, the blood that ties her not just to Randall as his daughter but being part of the Clan going into the earth as she plunged her hands within with my help of course, would tie them to this land. You'd think just this mound of earth, but no, hello. It would be the forest itself. Maybe not the compound, and not just cause of the wards. That's just creepy and stalkerish thankyouverymuch. I felt the magic pulling and inwardly I groaned. Well.. Wings. Silver cutting...and now there would be more of a suprise. There was a dual shimmer, and surprise b¡t¢hes. One Randall shade and one Elisa Shade. There was a faint pop, a bright light, very anticlimatic really as the magic fell and he'd be standing there, glaring at Rand:: "You know, when Your child calls, you should come you stubborn bastard. I didn't want to have to cut her." :: the wings folded in, only to fold in when Ru reached out to steady him as he went to a knee. He shook his head and rubbed the heel of his hand against his forehead. The ghosts of the pack would smile and well be sort of fady:: "give it about a week. They'll be able to come and go at will. Goddess bless I'm going to be stuck like this for a month."

Geoff : *sometimes he forgets that you feel as deeply for these wolves as he does, and you feel the losses as keenly.....call it selfishness if you want, call it single-mindedness, but the sudden, desperate howl that comes from your throat catches him somewhat by surprise.....so much so that his shields are suddenly gone again - not dropped, more like evaporated, the power of his wolf suddenly filling the area with even more choking energy....Bina gets more or less a front row seat to it, or more like a shotgun blast of lupine energy washing over her form in a nearly overwhelming wave....weaker wolves might have shifted in response to it, whether or not you do depends on just how far you've advanced...he wasn't even thinking about your being here, really, it was all in reaction to Lou's anguish....he might not have been able to interfere with what was going on up there, but goddamn it his mate is feeling pain and he damn well CAN do something about that....in the rush and drama of everything going on, it only then dawns on him that like....sh¡t has gone down....he looks around, then looks up, blinking s l o w l y at the sight before him....not just the Munin-in-training, but Zabela.....suddenly not having t¡ts.....his mouth works silently for a time before he croaks out some words* I can see why you don't do that very often... *but even magical sex changes are really second-fiddle to what really catches his interest....he tries to take a step forward toward Rand and Elisa, and in a moment of uncharacteristic clumsiness almost trips over Lou....he has to put a hand on her back to steady himself, and decides to stay put....his eyes narrow and he just....looks at them, trying to convince himself that he can believe his own senses* Elisa......Rand.........I'm sorry.

Lou : Well, it kind of makes sense, that a big beast showing lots of feeling needs a big beast to feel more feelings. She was instantly soothed by his enormous energy, and yet, it was not enough, the raw emotions left a tingling along her flesh, under the fur and she wanted to slip her skin to be rid of it, but she worried what she would do if she was smaller, more nimble... wouldn't it be easier to launch after Ru and save her from this sorcery? She shouldered her energy away from Geoffrey, also ignorant of Bina's proximity through this (unless she shifted, then she'd pay attention to the goo on her back end), but her mind was not on the beta wolf in her midst, it was on Ru, and the demi-goddess, and the Munin on her back, and... and.... the not Zabela in front of them any more. Her body leaned back into Geoffrey's cautious hand on her back, she paused with him, her attention leaving the male Z and drawn to Elisa and Rand... which was heart breaking. She had intended on staying in her wolf form... but these were her best friends. The large wolf sat back and in that same motion, the dark grey fur receeded and Lou's chocolate skin emerged, wet, inky curls spilling down her back, she was speechless as the spectres stood so close, images of their past lives... and she wept silently, kneeling in the cold dirt, somewhere between Geoff and Bina.

Bina : When Geoffs shields drop so suddenly Bina would stagger, the shotgun blast of Ulfrics energy enough to push her back just a moment before she steadies herself. There was a ripple there in her beast, a momentary hint that she might shift unexpectedly, but she took an unnecessary breath and steeled herself, the ripple smoothing down until she was calm again even though there was emotional upset all around her. Her head would slowly roll, a pop audible in her ears as she releases the tension that was immediately noticeable when she settled herself. When Geoff makes the comment that he sees why Zabella doesnt do that often her head would turn and she would blink as there was a guy standing there now. Thats not something you saw every day. Too there was Elisa and Rand and her heart broke when she heard Geoff apologize. She took a breath, holding it for a moment before she exhaled slowly. Her hand redoubled its hold upon her Ulfric, moving from his arm to his shoulder, steadying him as well as her in that moment. Lou slipping her wolf skin and emerging as the smaller more human Lou between herself and Geoff was noticed. The scent of her tears, saline and sadness, stung her nose and a single tear slid down each cheek silently. She didn't know Elisa and Rand as well as everyone else here but they were pack and while their loss had been mourned at the time seeing them here was just as sad for her now as it had been. And like everyone else here the young wolf mourned anew, albeit silently.

Zabella/Matthew : "Well, generally it's much easier" :: He growled:: "But someone is a stubborn bastard and doesn't respond to messages. So it took more than it should have. And please don't fall and break your nose. I don't want to have your mate trying to eat me because you can't manage to put one foot in front of the other." :: Elisa and Rand both touched Ru's head..or tried to. You know.. they looked at Geoff and shook their heads, Elisa looking rather bemused and annoyed. Cause it wasnt his fault, he knew it and if she was there she'd smack him for it.:: "You can come up, but you might not be able to hear them for a few days. Don't worry, nothing else is coming through the veil. I tolerate no shinanegans." :: Ru cleared her throat and he gave her a glare and pointed away:: "If you are going to sass, you can go over there. And think about redoing your wards on the complex. I think they are fried. I'll do a temporary thing, since I broke it, and you are to do no magic for at least three days missy. You won't feel it now, but you will in the morning. And explain to them so they don't think I'm some Vodun would you? I am going to have to apologize to Cerberus for knocking his a§§ out, hopefully before Uncle Hades is done with his wife." :: He pointed to Geoff:: "no power pows for 24 hours. Let them anchor themselves here. If I have to do this again, I will kick your a§§ from here to the underworld and back, and YOU can explain to my Uncle why I was fµ¢k¡ng around. Twice." :: just so many tidbits tonight. You can believe it or not. You can think it's just smoke and mirrors. Whatever you wanted. He didn't much care:: "Now, if you don't mind, I require, a hot shower, a very large steak, and at least 8 hours of sleep. IN a bed. Maybe not in that order. But I can't make the trip home til then. So where am I sleeping?"