Author Topic: Room Q&A  (Read 14458 times)

Offline A.J.

• Awesomeness
  • Administrator
  • Alpha
Re: Room Q&A
« Reply #165 on: May 05, 2011, 10:14:40 AM »
pretty much -- group leaders have final say -- humans with powers un associated to groups that get to SM would need rc approval

by Alibi

Frankenchick

« Reply #166 on: May 25, 2011, 03:20:41 AM »
Can I ask for clarification on the shifting?  It's been stated that Lycans have to shift on the full moon.  Fair enough - so somewhere I actually got it into my head that it's the ONLY time Lycans can shift.  Which then jars a bit when I've been told that omegas pretty much shift when they're scared/angry/break a nail.  So I think I've got something rather wrong there, but I didn't want to pull a ZOMGSTRESS type of shift out of the air if it isn't possible unless the moon is ful.

Offline Diarslade

• Moderate
« Reply #167 on: May 25, 2011, 03:37:12 AM »
Lycans can shift at will no matter level they are. Omega/weak mod/mod can lose control and shift under stress. Strong mods do not lose control as easily but can. Weak alpha+ pretty much never lose control and only shift at will/the moon. (or in the rare case that a strong/leader alpha forces them to shift)

Hope that clears it up >.<

Frankenchick

« Reply #168 on: May 25, 2011, 03:50:35 AM »
it does indeed, thank you!

sagittariussolurex

« Reply #169 on: May 25, 2011, 05:07:56 AM »
Lycans can shift at will no matter level they are. Omega/weak mod/mod can lose control and shift under stress. Strong mods do not lose control as easily but can. Weak alpha+ pretty much never lose control and only shift at will/the moon. (or in the rare case that a strong/leader alpha forces them to shift)

This may or may not be true. I'mma wait for m or t to cover that one but I believe it's been expressed from one/both of them that risk of shifting under stress is still a problem for the Alpha levels; because as you get stronger, your beast gets stronger too.

Offline m i c h a e l

• Code Monkey
  • Administrator
  • Alpha
  • Accept no substitute
« Reply #170 on: May 25, 2011, 05:59:31 AM »

This may or may not be true. I'mma wait for m or t to cover that one but I believe it's been expressed from one/both of them that risk of shifting under stress is still a problem for the Alpha levels; because as you get stronger, your beast gets stronger too.

Yeah, it's possible, though uncommon. There were a couple times in the books I can remember where Richard almost lost control due to anger.

I'll grant you, it'd take more stress to get an alpha to shift like that, but given the right circumstances, it could happen.
[Cruentus Justia: Dark Origins: Geoff Cooper | Mark Washington | Timoleon | Ryker | Colin Butler | Wes Murphy | Mitch Wilson | Clive Nowak | Jaime Traxler | Management | Father Brown | Collen Mackenzie] [Marvel Utopia: Magneto | G.A.L.]

There are ten million million million million million million million million million particles in the universe that we can observe - your mama took the ugly ones and put them into one nerd.

Offline A.J.

• Awesomeness
  • Administrator
  • Alpha
« Reply #171 on: May 25, 2011, 09:25:43 AM »
Yeah.. or the beast can channel through the Alpha with the emotional anxiety and stress -- much like when Lou nearly killed Elisa >.> 

Nohting is fool proof when it comes to having a metaphysical beast within one's self -- if an Alpha gets complacent and something takes them out of left field they can absolutely lose it too.

But every lycan deals with different triggers better -- Clarissa, the weak moderate panwere here, she's fine with anger because she's a crass b¡t¢h >.> lol  but in the books, Jason who would be the equivalent of a Moderate was able to resist the urge to shift from sex because he's a stripper and a tease so it's something he and his beast are more symbiotic about -- the same cannot be said of Clarissa and sex or of Jason and anger because it's not a state of mind they are very familiar with --- does that help?

by Alibi

sagittariussolurex

« Reply #172 on: September 24, 2011, 06:36:16 AM »
I think I've asked this before to t or m i c h a e l in private but I forgot a) the answer, b) who I asked, and c) where I might've asked it.

Holy items repel vampires only if they are worn by someone with faith. A human wearing a cross who doesn't believe in it gets no protection.
Can a vampire who has maintained their faith brandish a cross against another vampire?

Obviously they'd have to be very careful and would feel as repelled themselves; the ideas I'm thinking of are a cross on the end of a long pole and brass knuckles with crosses on the edges.

The question is simply wether or not a vampire can ACTIVIATE the affect if they have faith; species shouldn't skewer the ability to believe, right?

-----

Also, what is the stance on BLESSED items that aren't necessarially symbols of faith? Like, holy water obviously hurts a vampire, and another vampire can get some and apply, no problem. A vial of holy water doesn't light up and glow in their presence. Are other "blessed" items permissable? Again, specific example I'm thinking of, a rapier sword with a blessed blade.

Yeah - you know which character I'm asking these things about lulz.

Offline g e n n a i e f a i r e h

• Mistress of D.C. Trivia
  • Alpha
  • I will deflate the makers of drama with a shovel.
« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2011, 09:52:18 AM »
To the first answer: No. There were Vampires who were religious holy nuts who could not have any sort of holy items in their presense of their church or group.

and if you have faith in it, or its been blessed/prayed over/ by a rabi, priest, paster, headhanchotype of a group... depending on it. water? yes. I dont see a blessed sword doing much tbh.. but i could be wrong

. Holiday's Minx . Covet's Suga Pimpette . T-Birds Headache . Fae's Magical Encounter . dwk's internet lesbian .

Offline Diarslade

• Moderate
« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2011, 03:09:38 PM »
Well I don't know for sure, but part of me says yes. Simply because in the book an atheist held a cross and it burned blue in the presence of a vampire because. "It burns with the faith of the man who gave it to me." which was a priest that gave him the cross because he thought said human was damned lol...So if that cross is blessed by a human priest...oh let's say M i c h a e l's priest like character who's faith is undeniably true...why wouldn't the cross burn blue for Inq when he brandishes it on another? (granted if it was on a gauntlet than it would constantly be glowing blue lol.

Offline g e n n a i e f a i r e h

• Mistress of D.C. Trivia
  • Alpha
  • I will deflate the makers of drama with a shovel.
« Reply #175 on: September 24, 2011, 03:26:03 PM »
here we go again, with the authors back and forthness - I dont recall that scene, at all to be honest, I do remember reading where when the demon came out and everyone had an holy object of their faith and it was mentioned the holder had to have the faith. or something.

. Holiday's Minx . Covet's Suga Pimpette . T-Birds Headache . Fae's Magical Encounter . dwk's internet lesbian .