Extreme

Author Topic: Snake quotes  (Read 2226 times)

squeak

Snake quotes
« on: January 03, 2011, 04:23:12 PM »
I'm kinda tried of People saying only Lamia should be allowed in and that snakes aren't real lycans and stuff. Sooo hopefully this will clear it up. Keep in mind that  LKH will contradict herself alot. Why? Because its a fantasy world and all things are possible there.  Plus shes gotta make money somehow. So as seen from the eyes of a woman who thinks she knows it all, and says wher she knows to be fact until its proven wrong IN HER EYES. We all think the world is one way until we find out differently.  So anyhow, Hope this helps. If it needs to be moved then please do so.  This is taken as quotes form the book Narcissus in chains.  It is the work of Laurell K hamilton. Blah blah  yadda yadda

He wasn't a lion man, he was a snake man. His head was wider than my shoulders,
covered in olive green scales with large black spots. One arm was bare, and it looked very human except for the scales and the hands that ended in twisted claws that would have made any predator proud.

His movements were vaguely birdlike. Other black-cloaked figures stepped away from the walls, dropping hoods to show themselves scaled, with the same stripes near metallic eyes and hands with curling claws.

I shook my head. "Serpentine lycanthropy isn't really lycanthropy. It's not a
disease that I can catch. You either are cursed by a witch into snake form, or it's inherited like a swanmane."  But this is contradicted in the next quote

"But my change of heart, as you put it, came later. Wolf lycanthropy showed up in my bloodstream within forty-eight hours of my attack. I decided I would take out as many monsters as I could and let them take me out before the first full moon." He stared past me, eyes distant with remembering. "I took the most dangerous jobs I could find, until I ended up trying to kill an entire tribe of weresnakes in the depths of the Amazon basin." He looked at the small dark man still at his side. "I decided that dozens of any animal would surely kill me, and if not, then at the first full moon I would be in an area devoid of any human except the people I'd come to kill."
"Logical, I guess," I said, because it seemed appropriate to say something.
His gaze flicked to me. "I had planned my death, Ms. Blake, but every animal I tried to kill just wasn't up to killing me. By the time I had my first full moon I'd been infected by a great many forms of predatory lycanthropy. And on that first moon, I changed into what Abuta and his people are, then a wolf, then a bear, then a leopard, then a lion, so forth, and so on." He was looking at Abuta, and his face held some of the religious fervor that the smaller man seemed to emanate. "They thought I was a god because I could take so many forms. They worshipped me, and they sent half their tribe to accompany me back to civilization."

I glanced at the cloaks still held firmly in place, the impassive faces of the men as impossible to read as if they'd already become snakes. I noticed that one of the figures had breasts

Some of the snakes would die, because their leader
had lost his nerve. Without his strength of will to buoy them, they could not win.

We looked at each other. "You're saying they weren't shapeshifters?"
"No, I'm saying I don't know what the hell they are. There are snake men in a lot of different mythologies. Hindu, vaudun. They could be something that was never human to begin with."
"You mean like the naga you pulled out of the river two years ago?" he said.
"The naga was truly immortal. These things, whatever they are, couldn't stand up to silver bullets." Now remember not all of these were not typical snakes either.  Think anaconda as compared to a rattlesnake or  even boa.

I shrugged, then shook my head. "But the MacNairs have two children. I'm looking at them. Janet has a son."
"My type of shapeshifting is inherited," Janet said. "It's not tied to the moon.
I avoided shapeshifting until after Andy was born."
I looked at Nilisha. "I am a werecobra. I can choose to try and carry a baby like a mammal or like a snake."
"You laid eggs?" I made that one a big question.
She nodded. "I couldn't have carried them in my body. The change is too hard.
But I had other options."

If it had just been the werecobras targeted, then maybe it could be a reptile turf war, though frankly, it was unusual to have a fight even between two different kinds of snakes.

Offline A.J.

• Awesomeness
  • Administrator
  • Alpha
Re: Snake quotes
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 04:28:31 PM »
thanks squeakie =)
by Kuro

squeak

Re: Snake quotes
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 04:29:23 PM »
Most welcome! I think I got a thing on vampie greetings too if you want it